Social prescribing seminars
Unlocking Social Prescribing
Through this series of seminars, the Bromley by Bow Centre will share its extensive knowledge and learning on social prescribing acquired over the last 18 years. We are also seeking to inspire, support and encourage others to set up effective social prescribing programmes.
You'll hear from the GPs who run the service, social prescribing project staff and directors of the centre. You will take a tour of the centre to see social prescribing in action. There will be opportunities during the day to discuss individual opportunities, challenges and questions.
The Bromley by Bow Centre was founded on the principles of social prescribing and the impact that positive social and learning opportunities have on the social determinants of health.
Since the development of the Bromley by Bow Health Centre in 1997, doctors have been referring patients to programmes and projects at the centre. In recent years, funding was received from the local Clinical Commissioning Group and local GP network to expand the work and take the model to include five further local health centres, giving over 40,000 patients access to such local services through social prescribing.
Our next seminars will be on the 22nd March
To sign up to any of our events, visit our Eventbrite page HERE
What will you learn?
• What is social prescribing and how does it work?
• The benefits of social prescribing for patients
• The benefits of social prescribing for the medical profession
• Building and developing successful partnerships
• How to take the next steps and considerations before setting up a social prescribing scheme
Who will benefit?
The seminar content is aimed at health professionals and associated bodies and is thought to be particularly relevant to the following groups:-
• GP practices, networks and other health professionals
• Public health departments within local authorities
• Health and Wellbeing Boards
• CVS groups
• Third sector organisation
• Clinical Commissioning Groups
• Government health departments
• European health professionals
To see our full list of dates please visit the School of Integrated Solutions Eventbrite page here
To keep up to date about social prescribing, sign up to our mailing list here
To read our reports on social prescribing head here