Do you have an idea for a new social enterprise?
Beyond Business, are offering start up funding and support for new social enterprises across Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. Deadline for Expressions of Interest is the 5th May 2017
Is my idea for a social enterprise eligible?
To be eligible for a start-up grant of up to £17,000 your idea for a social enterprise must:
- The Business must be a Social Enterprise.
- The Applicant and the Social Enterprise must be located in Tower Hamlets, Hackney or Newham.
- The Social Enterprise must be legally set up and able to start trading by January 2018 or if already established, the Social Enterprise must have been legally set up after March 2017
- The funding is to set up the Social Enterprise and start trading, not to undertake research.
- Social Enterprises which have previously applied and been unsuccesfful may reapply (unless they have been unsuccessful more than once.)
- Preference will be given to candidates who are not part of another social enterprise support programme.
How will Applicants be assessed?
- Stage 1: Applicants submit an expression of interest form for a panel review by 5th May 2017
- Stage 2: Applicants successful at stage 1 must attend meetings and complete a business plan, with support from the Beyond Business team. This is to be completed by 21st August 2017
- Stage 3: Applicants successful at stage 2 present their business ideas and plan to an independent Dragons' Den panel on 26th September 2017 - funding then approved for successful applicants.
- Stage 4: Successful applicants must attend meetings and workshops and the Social Enterprise must be lefally set up and able to start trading by January 2018 (NB. If these deadlines are not meet the BB team has the right to withdraw funding).
You can download an Expression of Interest form here.
Click here to download the application explanatory note.
For full details on eligibility and any other information please contact:
Kim Hayman on 020 8709 9722 or email@example.com
The closing date for submission of Expressions of Interest is 31st May 2016.
Beyond Business is generously supported by Investec