Do you have an idea for a new social enterprise?
Beyond Business, are offering start up funding and support for new social enterprises across Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. Deadline for Expressions of Interest is the 31st May 2016
Is my idea for a social enterprise eligible?
To be eligible for a start-up grant of up to £17,000 your idea for a social enterprise must:
- Have a clear social purpose and outcomes, such as employment for people with barriers to work, youth training, healthy living and local environment improvements
- Have a sound business proposition and the potential to be financially sustainable without reliance on grant funding
- Be able to legally set up and start trading by end January 2017
How will Applicants be assessed?
- Stage 1: Applicants submit an expression of interest form by 31st May 2016 for a panel review
- Stage 2: Applicants successful at stage 1 will be invited for an interview
- Stage 3: Applicants successful at stage 2 complete a business plan, with support from the Beyond Business team
- Stage 4: Applicants successful at Stage 3 present their business idea and plan to an independent Dragons’ Den panel on 27th September 2016 - funding then approved for successful applicants
You can download an Expression of Interest form here.
For full details on eligibility and any other information please contact:
Kim Hayman on 020 8709 9722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submission of Expressions of Interest is 31st May 2016.
Beyond Business is generously supported by Investec