Do you have an idea for a New Social Enterprise but need funding to set up?
Published: 16 Mar 2017
The Beyond Business Programme is offering start up funding for new or emerging Social Enterprises across Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. Applicants and the Social Enterprise must be located in these Boroughs.
What is the Beyond Business Programme?
Beyond Business has already launched a network of 65 plus Social Enterprises in the East End and provides:
- Start up funding,
- Strategic and business planning guidance, and
- Practical business support including training and mentoring.
Is my idea for a social Enterprise eligible?
To be eligible for a start up grant of up to £17,000 your idea for a Social Enterprise must:
- Have a clear social purpose and outcomes, such as employment for people with barriers to work, youth training, healthy living and local environmental improvements.
- Have a sound business proposition and the potential to be financially sustainable without reliance on grant funding.
- Full eligibility criteria will be sent to all applicants.
How will Applicants be assessed?
- Stage 1: Applicants submit an expression of interest form for a panel review.
- Stage 2: Applicants successful at Stage 1 will be invited for an interview.
- Stage 3: Applicants successful at Stage 2 complete a business plan, with support from the Beyond Business team.
- Stage 4: Applicants successful at Stage 3 present their business idea and plan to an independent Dragons’ Den panel on 26th September 2017 - funding then approved for successful applicants.
Need an expression of interest form?
Please contact: Kim Hayman, Beyond Business, Bromley by Bow Centre, St Leonard’s St, E3 3BT
Telephone: 020 8709 9722
The closing date for Submission of Expressions of Interest is 5pm on the 5th May 2017.
For any other information, please contact Kim Hayman