We collect certain information or data about you when you use this website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to us
- your IP address, and details of which version and type of web browser you used
- details to allow you to access our services and to make payments, e.g. an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for)
This information helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with relevant information about our services if you want it
Note that we cannot personally identify you using your data.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on servers that are based in the EU.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot therefore guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so (e.g. to law enforcement agencies).
We comply with the Data Protection Act, and you can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
The Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.
Everyone who is responsible for using data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
- used fairly and lawfully
- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- handled according to people’s data protection rights
- kept safe and secure
- not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection
There is stronger legal protection for more sensitive information, such as:
- ethnic background
- political opinions
- religious beliefs
- sexual health
- criminal records
Cookies are small files saved to a user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of a website.
You are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website you should take the necessary steps within your web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and any external serving vendors. Note that doing so can adversely affect the functioning of this and other websites you visit.
Links to other websites