Please note that due to the outbreak of the covid-19 we are taking steps to protect our patients and have changed our appointment system.
If you have a medical problem, that can’t be self managed, please submit an Online Consultation as a primary way to contact us. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 999
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS – To protect others, do not go to the GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital (unless specifically asked to come in). Stay at home.
If you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough, fever, high temperature flu-like symptoms, new shortness of breath, or have been in contact with anyone with a diagnosis of covid-19 and you feel you are unable to self-manage, please use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do. Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
For latest guidance visit: Dept. of health website
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- The Bromley by Bow Health Centre handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- You can click to read the practice privacy notice here or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.