Social Welfare Advice and Welfare Benefits training for Link Workers
This course is delivered by the Bromley by Bow Centre and the Benefits Training Company.
Improve understanding of social welfare advice needs and the welfare benefits system, enabling better identification of those in need of advice and improved ability to support and refer clients as needed.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to identify signs that someone has a social welfare advice issue
- Build knowledge on the range of issues social welfare advice services can support with
- Understand what a link worker can help with and what needs to be addressed by a trained advisor
- Understand how to make an effective referral to social welfare advice services
- Understand how the benefits system is structured and who can claim each of the benefits which make up the system
- Be able to complete a basic benefits check to ensure people are claiming their likely entitlements
- Know how to check that a benefits decision is correct and what to do if it is not
Individual course bookings are now open for the June course! The three sessions will be on Thursday 8th, 15th and 22nd June at 10:00-12:30. Book now by clicking here to get the early bird rate!
Get in touch at email@example.com to discuss training a whole team.