You’re invited to our next Community Voting Day on Saturday 21st May, 2022!
Applications closed on 9th May for community members to win funding for their positive community project idea.
£1000 grants are available for 12 local projects that involve the community in a positive way. The grants will support local people to create inclusive projects for their neighbours and you can vote for your favourites on 21st May.
This is your opportunity to decide which brilliant ideas will receive funding so that we can improve the health and wellbeing of the local community, together.
How does it work?
On 21st May we’ll be hosting a fun and supportive Community Voting Day. Shortlisted applicants (individuals or groups) will be invited to give a 3 minute presentation about their project. Residents will vote for their favourites to receive £1000 funding to make their idea a reality.
The projects that received funding at our last Community Voting Day included:
- A creative writing project for improving mental health
- An international cookery class
- A community art project
- A Death Cafe
- A cooking project for children
- Football sessions for home-educated children
- A women only cycling group
- A Chinese calligraphy project
- A coffee group for women
- Projects need to be delivered in Bromley by Bow or Mile End East in Tower Hamlets
- The project idea must address at least one of these themes:
- activities for parents and children
- safety (road and green space)
- mental health and wellbeing
- awareness of, and access to, local activities and services, parks and play areas or housing
Need more info?
If you have any questions, please call 07393 019523 or email email@example.com.
New summer programme with Chickenshed
Chickenshed Theatre will be running another exciting summer arts programme at Bromley by Bow Centre from June 27th – June 30 1.30-4pm.