The Bromley by Bow Centre Community Fridge helps cut food waste, build stronger bonds within the community and redistributes good quality food to those who need it most.
We are looking for volunteers to help us set up and run the Community Fridge as part of a growing network of fridges across the UK.
You can get involved in the following ways:
- Receive, unpack and store deliveries
- Set up and prepare for distribution sessions
- Welcome residents and distribute food during open sessions
- Provide information of other support locally
- Provide administrative support
- Help us find businesses to donate food to the fridge
- Collect food from donors
- Monitor and clean fridge
- Promote other local community fridges
- Organise events and fundraisers to support the fridge and the local community
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Kate Coules and we’ll arrange a mutually suitable time to talk through opportunities.
For Challenge Poverty Week, we’ll be giving out fruit between 10am and 12 noon on Wednesday 16th October – drop into the Connection Zone.
020 8709 9714