Our seminar series supports organisations and communities in gaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of our programmes and projects.
Past Social Prescribing events we’ve held are:
- Understanding Social Prescribing full-day seminar, November 2018
- Social Prescribing Celebration for Link Workers, March 2019
- Find more information about what happened at this event here!
Using information gathered at our March celebration event, we’ve now created a 4-day Social Prescribing training course for Link Workers across May and June 2019! This course will focus on the following:
- Day 1: Introduction to Social Prescribing
- Day 2: Social Prescribing and Community Development
- Day 3: Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- Day 4: Managing Caseload and Supervision
Find all the info about this training and book your tickets here.
We’re currently running two rolling events from which you can learn about our model and history:
- Essentials Tour – this covers our history, context and current services, and is delivered by Dan Hopewell, our Director of Knowledge & Innovation. Dan’s been at BBBC for 18 years, previously with roles in service delivery, Director of Services and Director of Strategy, so is able to talk to lots of different areas of enquiry. We give a presentation followed by a guided walk around the site, and have a dedicated time for further Q&A / discussion at the end. The tour is open to anyone, so we always receive a mix of people attending and cover a range of points accordingly. Find tickets here.
- Insights Seminar – this day-long seminar will bring together our research and practitioner knowledge to set out the key components of our model that can support change for individuals, our community and the systems to support them. This will be led by senior and front line staff who have an in-depth understanding of how our model works strategically and on a day to day level. Most importantly the day will support attendees to think through what the next steps are for you to translate this in their communities. Find out more here.