Employability and Learning Project Manager
Deadline: 31st May, 2021
Interviews: w/c 31st May, 2021
The Bromley by Bow Centre is a dynamic and innovative charity operating in East London. Over the past 30 years it has transformed the lives of people who come from some of the most deprived estates in the UK.
Employability and Learning Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Ensure the project reflects to the vision, mission and values of the Centre.
• Manage and oversee the operation and efficient administration of the project .
• Create and maintain quality assurance and project improvement systems that monitor standards and support high quality delivery.
• Work closely with other projects and programmes to integrate approaches and services, to share sector knowledge and to ensure the project reflects the needs of the local community.
• Where applicable, create and maintain systems that meet legal and regulatory compliance requirements and the criteria of accreditation boards.
• Create and maintain quality assurance and improvement systems that monitor standards and support delivery of learning to high standards.
• Create promotional material as appropriate in line with Centre guidelines.
• Work with the team to outreach, engage and recruit clients onto the project.
• In the context of the Centre’s Plan and annual budget, create plans for the growth and delivery of the project that are innovative and creative and reflect the needs of the local community.
• In conjunction with the Employability and Learning Programme Manager and Development Team, work with statutory, trust, corporate and other funding bodies to identify and secure new sources of funding to deliver the project.
Employability and Learning Project Manager Requirements:
• Experience of working in an employment and learning environment.
• Experience of delivering projects to contract specifications and targets and a proven ability to manage budgets.
• Proven track record of delivering personalised services within the learning and employment sector, including experience of managing services to meet Matrix / OFSTED standards.
• Experience of developing and maintaining systems to collate, analyse and produce management information reports.
• Proven ability to collaborate and develop partnerships.
• Ability to connect with staff both on an individual level and in large groups and able to create shared visions, enforce accountability, develop, motivate and empower staff.
• Experience of managing volunteers.