We collect certain information or data about you and this is outlined below. Links to privacy notices for our health practice partners are also provided.
The Bromley by Bow Centre is committed to respecting any data you share with us, keeping it safe and only using it in ways that are legitimate. We will always be transparent about how we are processing your data and will only share it with other organisations if you have given us clear consent to do so and where we have a legitimate reason to do so.
This privacy notice sets out how the charity collects data, how we will process it and what rights you have.
Health Practice Privacy Notice Links
To access privacy notices for our health practice partners:
Data Protection Officer,
Bromley by Bow Centre,
St Leonards Street,
Email: email@example.com or write to the address above:
The Bromley by Bow Centre will collect information about you in a number of ways including when you:
- access one of our services
- attend an event, course or activity
- make a donation
- fundraise on the behalf of us
- give consent to receive our newsletter or other marketing materials
- give consent for use of your image, video footage, words
- enquire about a service, event, course or activity, in order for us to fulfil your enquiry
We collect personal data about people who access our services, support us or come into contact with us in any other way. This is so that we can:
- take your registration or payment details
- provide you with a service e.g. employment support, benefits advice
- ensure you don’t have to keep providing us with basic details when you interact with us or attend different services and activities
- contact you for administrative purposes
- keep you up to date with our work (if you opt in to our newsletters and marketing materials)
- monitor the work we do
- report to our funders
- tell stories to help us promote our work (with your permission)
- send you information about how to get involved and support our work, through volunteering and fundraising
- claim Gift Aid
- look into and respond to complaints and enquiries
- for community research purposes (with your permission)
We may use the information you give us to create a holistic assessment of your needs, this will be done with your clear consent, when you register with our services.
We may collect personal data (including special categories of data where appropriate and with your consent) which includes the following:
- Email address
- Telephone and/or mobile number
- Date of birth
Depending on what service, event or activity you are accessing, we may also collect information about:
- Your health
- Any special education needs or disability you tell us about
- Courses and events booked and attended
- Your employment history
- Your interests and motivations
- Family information (including children and spouse)
- Your bank or payment details
- Country of origin
- National Insurance Number and NHS Number
- Housing status
- Benefits you claim
The Bromley by Bow Centre will only collect and store the personal data that we need, and it will be stored in line with current legislation and the Centres’ Record Retention and Protection Policy and Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
All personal data that we collect will be stored securely in password protected and restricted systems. Only relevant staff will have access to your data.
All staff and data processors who have access to your data will regularly undertake data protection training and follow Bromley by Bow Centre’s policies and procedures.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, the Bromley by Bow Centre cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that the Bromley by Bow Centre has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the information Commissioner Office.
The Bromley by Bow Centre treats your relationship with us as confidential unless there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass this information onto a third party such as the emergency services.
In order to provide you a better service we use the following third party platforms:
- Eventbrite (for seminars, tours and other paid events, to process payments to attend)
- Mailchimp (for newsletters)
- SurveyMonkey and Typeform (for feedback)
- Patient Access (for booking appointments with the GP Practices)
We regularly review our privacy notice, and we may make changes from time to time. Any changes made will be updated on our privacy notice and posted to our website.
If you would like to see the Bromley by Bow Centre Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy, you can contract the Data Protection officer at the address provided above.
This privacy notice was last changed on May 2023 (cookies)